, ,

Do I need a trademark representative?

If you file a trademark application from outside the European Union you need a representative, yes.

If you appoint one, please remember that only lawyers who qualified in one of the countries of the EU, and professional representatives whose names are on the list kept by the Harmonization Office, can act as your representative with the Harmonization Office .

In any case we advise you to employ someone specialized in the field of trademarks to assist you through the process of an application of a community trademark. Especially you will need some professional support in trademark research before filing your trademark in order to avoid unnecessary conflicts with other trademark owners.

BREUER LEHMANN RECHTSANWÄLTE are listed as representatives at the Office for Harmonization (No 64492).

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.